- Announced that will go public with a SPAC (special purpose acquisition company) in Dec 2020 with a valuation of $1.6 billion
- Amazon exec Manish Joneja appointed CEO
- In an interview with co-founder Matt Meeker, it was reported that BarkBox had 650,000 monthly customers (June 2019)
- Annual revenue reportedly over $150 million (March 2018)
- Raised over $81 million in venture funding
Barkbox is the most popular US monthly dog subscription service. In 2020, the company had more than one million active customers and sales hit $375 million.
In December 2020, the company filed to go public via a SPAC merger that will cause it to be listed on the NYSE under the ticker symbol “BARK.”
While the company is best known for its subscription box, it has also ventured into other pet niches, including dog food delivery and on-demand vet care.