- Accuracy of Embark DNA tests
- Raised $10 million is series A funding in April 2019 led by F-Prime Capital ($16 million raised in total)
- Interview with co founder Ryan Boyko where he discusses starting the company and raising venture capital
- Relocated from Austin to Boston after raising $4.5 million in funding led by Founder Collective (July 2017)
Embark is one of the two big pet DNA companies (Wisdom Panel being the other.) The company was founded by brothers Ryan and Adam Boyko in 2015. The brothers are highly educated, spending time at Harvard, Yale, Cornell and Stanford.
The company offers two DNA kits:
- Breed Identification Kit – $129
- Breed + Health Kit – $199
Embark tests for over 250 breeds and 170 genetic health conditions. The kits are marketed to breeders, vets and pet owners.
The company has over $500,000 in monthly in sales on Amazon.