Pros and Cons of PrettyLitter
There is no doubt that cat parents love their cats. They may not, however, like dealing with cat litter. A new product called PrettyLitter is attempting to remove the unpleasantness typically associated with kitty litter and also add a health monitoring feature into the mix.
|The folks at Pretty Litter gave me a coupon code for my readers to get 15% off: Click here and use Pretty15|
Regular Old Kitty Litter
Traditional cat litter is the stuff cat parents rarely talk about. It is purely functional, handling your pet’s waste. Because a kitty litter box can become more than a bit odorous, they are usually relegated to a back room, out of the way of sight and smell.
Traditional cat litter is generally composed of clay, although shredded paper pellets, natural backyard dirt, and other variants are also used. The litter absorbs the waste products, and, if not disposed of regularly, can become quite unseemly. Carbon and baking soda both trap bad smells before they can overwhelm our noses, so they’re used as an additive in many in commercial cat litters.
Pretty Litter: A Revolutionary Advancement
Unlike traditional cat litter types, Pretty Litter is made from a highly absorbent silica gel, not clay. It comes as lightweight, fine-grained, dust-free granules. It is non-clumping and instantly removes odor and dries up moisture. The reason for this is that each particle of the gel has millions of minute pores able to absorb a huge amount of moisture. The gel itself is combined with a proprietary formulation of indicators that monitor your cat’s urine for abnormalities and potential illnesses. Not only that, but Pretty Litter is also much lighter in weight, up to 80% lighter, than traditional clay-based cat litter.
Pretty Litter Tells You What Your Cat Cannot!
Cats are notorious for hiding their illnesses. In many cases, they don’t give you an indication that there is anything amiss until it is too late.
Unlike run-of-the-mill cat litters, Pretty Litter is “intelligent” in that it evaluates your cat’s state of heath by changing color according to the pH level in its urine. This is good news: Now you can get a “heads up” on potential problems that may be affecting your pet before they become full-blown illnesses. You can then nip the health problem in the bud before it becomes much harder to treat.
When cat urine comes into contact with Pretty Litter, the following diagnostics are revealed by the change in color of the litter:
- Light Yellow to Olive Green: Your cat’s urine is within normal limits. No health problems detected.
- Light to Dark Blue: Your cat’s urine has an abnormally high pH. There may be a urinary tract infection with or without bladder stones.
- Orange to Deep Yellow: Your pet has a low urinary pH. This can indicate metabolic acidosis or kidney tubular acidosis.
- Blood Red: This indicates that your cat has inflammation of the bladder, bladder stones, or a urinary tract infection.
Reviews of Pretty Litter
Cat owners have been quite impressed with this new product, judging from the over 8,000 reviews that have been accumulating. Most of these reviews focus on the value of detecting health problems, the lightweight and cost-effective aspects of the product, the excellence in odor control, and the handy subscription service. Here are a few of the reviews and testimonials:
- “Most owners don’t realize their cats are coping with an illness unless the disease has significantly progressed making treatment more difficult. That’s why I’m so excited about Pretty Litter.” – Dr. DeWire, Veterinarian
- “I was skeptical to start. Cats aren’t the only ones who have difficulty changing. But the promise of “not having to lug heavy boxes of litter around,” really spoke to me (and IT’S TRUE!). It comes to your door! And it really works. What kind of magic is this? My male cat is old and peeing a lot, and it was really getting annoying. Until now! I cannot smell anything! And it looks beautiful. Thank you, Pretty Litter. This stuff is so amazing. I can’t wait for my next shipment.” -MicheBel
- “I started using Pretty Litter a few months ago, and I’ll never go back to traditional litter. This stuff is awesome”. – Anne
- “I can’t believe how spoiled I’ve become with this litter”. -G. Gregory
Pretty Litter has been featured on a variety of media including National Geographic Wild, Forbes, and ABC Family.
Is Pretty Litter Safe?
You may be wondering if the super-absorbent silica gel is safe for your cat. You should have no worries! This revolutionary product was developed by veterinarians and other scientific experts. Even if your pet accidentally ingests Pretty Litter, it will do no harm and will not swell internally.
Pretty Litter Subscription Service
Pretty litter comes in a 4-pound bag, designed to be enough for a typical 15-inch long by 11 inch-wide litter box. Compare the 4-pound bag to the 25 pounds per bag for traditional cat litter! Each bag is designed to last one month for a medium-sized cat. The price per bag is $22 ($40 for two bags, $60 for three bags) using the subscription service. This is considerably less than the price offered by Pretty Litter competitors.
You can order Pretty Litter via a subscription to be delivered to your doorstep on a periodic basis. Orders are placed through the company website and delivery is free in the contiguous U.S. Pretty Litter is also available to Canadian customers.
Here’s how the subscription service works: You let Pretty Litter know how many cats you have and they’ll determine the proper amount you’ll receive. Every month, Pretty Litter is conveniently delivered to your doorstep. Because of the advanced non-clumping formulation, you’ll need less litter: One bag lasts about one month.
Pretty Litter: Free Trial
There is no official free trial offered for new customers any longer, but Pretty Litter is currently offering a 30-day risk-free guarantee. This is essentially a free trial. If you are dissatisfied with the product for any reason, Pretty Litter will issue a full refund. Additionally, you may be able to find coupons and promotional codes online to further decrease the overall cost of Pretty Litter.